DR. MED. uniV. Thomas Bode
Private as a self-payer
How does it work and what examinations are included?
Due to the scope, two appointments are required for the BASIS check-up:
1. Appointment |approx. 1.0 – 1.5 h:
- Blood collection (large blood count, GOT, GPT, GGT, lipase, creatinine incl. GFR, cholesterol, LDL, HDL, triglycerides, uric acid, bilirubin total, bilirubin direct, urea, alkaline phosphatase, cholinesterase, calcium, potassium, sodium, iron, blood sugar, total protein, HbA1c, CRP, lipoprotein a, transferrin, ferritin, IgA, TSH, fT3, fT4, Quick, PTT, INR, vitamin D
- Urine examination incl. Microalbumin
- examination of the stool tube for the immunological stool test (intestinal cancer screening)
- Medical anamnesis evaluation
- Physical examination
- Vaccination advice and control of the vaccination passport
- Skin cancer screening
- Ultrasound of the Abdominal organs
- Ultrasound Thyroid gland
- Resting ECG
- Bioelectric measurement of body composition (BIA)
- ABI measurement
- Pulse wave speed analysis
2. Appointment |approx. 1.0 – 1.5 h:
- Lung function test (spirometry)
- Ultrasound of the carotid arteries (carotedes)
- Echocardiography Stress ECG
- Final discussion with nutritional planning and Burnout prophylaxis consultation.
Which examination devices are used?
We examine you with the latest technology. Phillips Affiniti CVx STd. is available for your ultrasound examination.
For the stress ECG, the Ergoselect 12 from Ergoline is available with high-precision measurement technology. It has an integrated blood pressure measurement and is approved for a patient weight up to 200 kg. ECG recording takes place via a continuous 12-lead derivative.
Body fat analysis (BIA measurement)
The measurement takes place with the high-precision scale Seca mBCA 555, which is equipped with state-of-the-art technology and approved for patients up to 300 kg. The measurement result is delivered by the scale within a few seconds. Fat and fat-free mass, total body water, extracellular water, intracellular water and skeletal muscle mass are analyzed.
What should you pay attention to before the appointment?
- Don’t forget your vaccination certificate
- Please wear sportswear at the 2 appointment (you might sweat during the stress ECG) and bring a towel to dry off after the stress, if necessary.
- Please appear sober for the check-up
When is a repetition of the check-up necessary?
In general, we recommend carrying out the check-up once a year. This gives you a good view of your health. If disease processes are detected early, they can often be treated well or cured at an early stage.
Are the costs covered by my health insurance?
The billing of the basic check-up is carried out according to the applicable fee schedule for doctors (GOA). You will receive a medical bill statement via mail. Cash payments are unfortunately not possible.
Private health insurance usually covers the entire cost of the examination. If you are unsure about the coverage of costs, please clarify this in advance with your health insurance.
The public health insurance offers a separate preventive examination every three years in a very reduced form (See Check-Up 35)
GU 35* – GU 35*: Health Check-Up Which Is Covered By The Public Health Insurance
|Detailed Initial Medical History||+||+||+||+|
|Vaccination Passport Check||+||+||+||+|
|Full body examination||+||+||+||+|
|GU 35 Laboratory||+|
|24h Blood Pressure||+|
|Measurement of pulse wave velocity||+||+||+|
|Body Fat Analysis||+||+||+|
|Discussion Of Findings||+||+||+||+|
|Burnout Prophylaxis Talk||+|
Dr. med. univ. Thomas Bode
As a general practice, we are the first point of contact for a wide variety of concerns. Identifying their contexts and concerns is both exciting and challenging. Together with you, we will find the best solutions for you. The therapy methods used should ensure a high benefit with the lowest possible side effects.
Sign up to stay up to date